AOTMP Research: Contract Service Level Agreements (SLAs) Favor Telecom Carriers, Not Enterprise ClientsPublished: June 01, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS -AOTMP, the leading authority on driving efficiency and performance into fixed and mobile telecom environments, released the results of research conducted surrounding service level agreements (SLAs) within enterprise telecom carrier contracts.
While well-rounded telecom carrier contracts include SLA provisions addressing technical integrity, account management/customer care performance and billing/financial performance, AOTMP research reveals these items are not properly addressed in the majority enterprise contracts and that an alarming 11% of enterprises reported not having any SLAs in their telecom carrier contracts.
According to AOTMP’s research, only half of enterprise telecom carrier contracts contain SLAs addressing customer care, with 50% containing SLAs addressing customer service response times and 49% containing SLAs addressing customer service issue resolution timeframes.
Although billing accuracy was noted as a top frustration for enterprises, only 31% of the enterprises surveyed had SLAs addressing billing accuracy in their telecom carrier contracts.
“After reviewing the research it has become clear that enterprise opportunity exists to improve SLAs in telecom carrier contracts,” says Timothy C. Colwell, senior vice president of global information management at AOTMP. “It would be to both parties’ advantage to include comprehensive SLAs containing clear performance measurement criteria, defined remedy for out-of-scope performance and remuneration for out-of-scope performance. Enterprises would also benefit by adding more carrier incentives (additional service awards, service winbacks and increased service volume) for outstanding performance serve to incent desired performance in all areas.”
AOTMP, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, is a leading authority on driving efficiency and performance into enterprise fixed & mobile telecom environments. AOTMP's proprietary framework, methodologies and industry best practices bring a unique and disciplined approach that delivers significant and measurable improvement in financial and operational efficiency to our clients and current telecom expense management and wireless mobility management programs. From Fortune 50, small & medium business, to public sector markets and industry suppliers, organizations seeking to reach peak performance turn to AOTMP's industry thought leaders, global knowledge, proprietary performance index, certification programs and unparalleled benchmarking data for a complete fixed & mobile telecom environment management approach. For more information, visit www.aotmp.com.
- Oct 15, 2013AOTMP Releases First Research Publication in New Fixed and Mobile Telecom Management Thought Leadership Series
- Oct 14, 2013G-Squared Wireless Earns AOTMP Efficiency First® Solution Certification
- Oct 07, 2013AOTMP Announces New Research Publication Series
- Sep 26, 2013Granite Pursues AOTMP Efficiency First® Solution Certification
- Sep 24, 2013AOTMP Announces Education Track Courses for the Upcoming Fixed and Mobile Telecom Management Conference
- Sep 17, 2013MOBI Wireless Management Earns AOTMP Efficiency First® Solution Certification
- Aug 12, 2013Educational Sessions Announced for AOTMP’s Upcoming Conference
- Aug 02, 2013Registration Period Launches for AOTMP’s 2014 Fixed and Mobile Telecom Management Conference: Transforming Telecom Through Efficiency First®
- Jul 10, 2013AOTMP Announces the Expansion and Transformation of its Annual Fixed and Mobile Telecom Management Conference
- Jun 20, 2013MDSL Targets AOTMP Efficiency First® Solution Certification